Friday, December 24, 2010

Last Minute Christmas Shopping in Middleburg VA

I was back in Virginia for a couple of days prior to Christmas. Snow was on the ground and peppery Oak wood smoke hung in the air.
-I had a decision to make. Should we join the crowds on Rt. 66 at Fairoaks Mall or on I-95 at Potomac Mills? Third option. Take the beautiful back roads through The Plains, Warrenton and Upperville to shopping in Middleburg. Easy choice, really.















After completing my Christmas shopping, our final stop was at the town bakery. Full of tempting treats, we decided upon a few cookies to tide us over for the ride home.
We put caloric concerns aside and chose the bakery's claim to fame 'The Cow Puddle.' Lil' Bean snapped a picture before sharing it with me. Mmmmmm..... Buuuuuutttttteerrrrr...






No comments: