Sunday, August 6, 2017

Trailer Trad Collecting: Fredericksburg Picking!

I'm back on the East Coast and I'm glad to say that I've really enjoyed being able to hit the estate sales recently. On a Sunday, I can get to downtown DC pretty conveniently and its been fun to hit regional estate sales then to get the last day, 'bottom feeder' finds. 

Last Sunday, I went to a favorite haunt, downtown Fredericksburg, to attend church and to hit the last day of a really great estate sale. The beautiful, historic property was a great one. The lady of the house had classic 'FFV' taste; plenty of elegant Federal period furnishings and beautiful vintage clothing. You could really feel the Old South in the place. There was still a great deal left, pretty reasonably priced. I left with only a yellow Fiestaware dinner plate, but I was good with that.
 
 
 
 
 After looking for bargains, I had to choose between the three historic churches situated a few blocks from the estate sale. In the sultry summer heat, it felt exactly like Charleston!
 
 





No comments: