Saturday, January 4, 2014

Trailer Trad Tunes: Winter 2014 Playlist


Wintersleep "Echolocation"
The Depreciation Guild  "Through The Snow"
Matt Pond PA  "Snow Day"
Chairlift  "Met Before"
Frightened Rabbit  "The Woodpile"
Yuck "Rebirth"
Arctic Monkeys "505 Glastonbury 2013"

Wintersleep "Echolocation"

The Depreciation Guild "Through the Snow"

Matt Pond PA "Snow Day"

I couldn't decide to put the studio version or this awesome version with just backup singers in an old auditorium along with Patrick Wimberly playing and stomping on the old wooden stage floor. -Really good. However, I came upon the official video and had to show it. - So cute!

Frightened Rabbit "The Woodpile"

Yuck "Rebirth" (Rebirth = a new year. Alright, maybe I was grasping for the seasonal connection but I kind of like the song)

The Arctic Monkeys "505 Glastonbury 2013"
I love this live footage from Glastonbury. The flags in the crowd remind me of waving standards on a medieval field of battle. The explosion of light and noise at the three minute mark heighten this for me. One minor quibble. I like the mod style of their early days rather than the lounge lizard/greaser look that they've taken to now but that is a minor complaint because Alex Turner and the boys never disappoint.

No comments: