Saturday, March 9, 2013

Trailer Trad Grooming: Royall Lyme Aftershave





I miss Bermuda. Although its been many years since my honeymoon there, I still have many fond memories of the island; especially the place where my wife and I stayed, The Reefs. I recently purchased some Royall Lyme aftershave and it really captures the tropical, civilized nature of Bermuda.

Fifty years ago Mr. Anthony Gaade, a renowned Bermudian yachtsman and competitor in international races brought the very first Royall fragrance to market in 1957. As the name implies (hopefully the spelling doesn't throw you off), Royall Lyme is from native West Indian limes. In addition, according to the company, it also contains a secret blend of 78 ingredients, beating Kentucky Fried Chicken by a full 66.

Adding to its pedigree, In 1960 Royall Lyme was introduced at Brooks Brothers New York and you can still buy it there. Following Royall Lyme, Mr. Gaade created other fragrances which capture the essence of Bermuda. Royall Spyce, Royall Bay Rhum and Royall Muske. The Royall Mandarin fragrance joined the other successful family scents in 2001 followed by Royall Vetiver in 2006 and finally

Royall Rugby was added in 2011 and I bet that I'd love it but I haven't seen any in stores where I could sample it.

No comments: